The set now known as Wilberforce Chambers was founded by Andrew Clark in 1928, not long after he was called to the Bar. He served in the First World War and won an MC, but delayed his call to the Bar until 1928. His chambers were in 11 New Court, an attractive red brick Victorian building that used to stand on the corner of Carey Street and Serle Street. There he was joined, among others, by Richard Wilberforce in 1932 and Irvine Goulding in 1936.
Wilberforce Chambers are one of the leading commercial chancery and business law sets of chambers in the UK, comprising 67 specialist barristers, including 30 QCs. Our barristers are involved in some of the most intellectually challenging and legally significant matters undertaken by the Bar today. We offer a full range of advocacy, advisory, drafting, arbitration and mediation services to a wide variety of clients, both in the UK and across numerous international jurisdictions.